Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Tim, of course.

I have a few torture dics- Annie Lennox Annie Lennox (solo) Jennifer Nettles Playing With Fire and Wilson Philips. It had been a couple weeks since playing JN and although the poor recordings sucked, they sucked less, as the M700s were able to unravel more; or was it the dac in the Stellar GC... or was it that the amps took better control of my speakers..., or the large space, or some combination? Hard to tell 

Last night and this morning the XLO break in disc has been on repeat to expedite that final bit of break in. Probably should have done that from day one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMD-Dact-type-Stepped-attenuator-Passive-Preamplifier/192132688811?hash=ite...

Hey Guys,
Any thoughts on this guy's passive pre's?

I was looking at them, it seems he uses high quality SMD Dact style pots; but I'm a little skeptical because of the price. Is it possible the pots he uses are cheap "knock-offs"?
The price-point is really good; but it could be the hint as to what the product really is.
Has anyone tried one of these passives?

I was also looking at the Parasound Zpre3; seems really nice. But I wonder how neutral it is being that it's not a passive type preamp.

Thanks for your thoughts
I wouldn't consider it for a system aspiring to hi-end

Hattor, and Tortuga aer 2 I highly recommend

Also (and I learned this the hard way) one needs to make sure the impedance is a match
tweak1,

Understood.  I no longer listen to Coldplay discs on my home system due to poor recording quality but I still enjoy these discs on my OEM car system.
     I've discovered that music files recorded direct to digital are especially good source material that are consistently well recorded and mastered.  I have several hi-res 24bit/96KHz FLAC files downloaded from a Dutch site called Sound Liaison:
https://www.soundliaison.com/

These are all direct to digital master recordings of live music played at their large studio. Downloads are available in various digital formats from FLAC to DSD.  
     The audio quality is excellent top to bottom with uncompressed dynamics that make them easily sound better than my ripped cds. 

Tim
Update:

I have 2 burn in discs that I use. For some reason I neglected to use them as soon as I inserted the PSA kit. Last night I hit replay all and let one spin for at least 5 hours (muted of course), then again this morning for a couple more. I then played Jennifer Nettles Playing With Fire, which I played the day before the burn in disc. 

Far from erased all issues, BUT, nonetheless an amazing transformation. The entire sound stage is more spread out. The location of musicians and backup singer,s as well as tone and clarity is significantly improved