The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
jhills
... show me one other industry, tech or otherwise, that buys into or uses $1,000.00 per foot signal cable ...
What’s your point? In any event, very few audiophiles spend $1,000/foot for audio cables.
It’s amazing that the ones questioned and scoffed, on this forum, are the ones who actually have many years of experience at building or repairing audio components, or those who have many years of professional experience in the music or tech industry ...
You may not have noticed, but everyone gets "questioned and scoffed" at here, so there’s no reason to take it personally.
... the wild claims of some of these high priced cable guys - some of which already facing, or have faced, suits and fines for false claims and improper business practices.
To what "wild claims" do you refer?
I’m aware of only one, isolated instance regarding a court challenge to cable industry practices. You claim to know about more of them: Will you please share details?
This thread is about the science of cables, so am just sticking to what is actually the science and truth of cables ...
If that’s true, you’ll be happy to provide some detail to accompany your own claims.
Wild claims? What wild claims? I didn’t see no wild claims! I did see some marketing blurbs but, hey, if you don’t market a product something terrible happens. Nothing. 
Well, you know Geoff - coated with Graphene; or filled with incredible, semi-conductor liquid; or made in USA ultra high grade, specially treated, conductors - with multi layers of high-tech shielding (actually come from China bulk conductor wire - the equivalent of 24AWG at about $.25 pr. ft then wrapped and sleeved with a few layers of who knows what) But mostly -  just have to claim it to be the best, with impeccable audio qualities, get a few endorsements, and put a $1k or more per ft. price tag on it - knowing that some gullible audiophile is sure to bite and regardless of how it performs, he/she would have to believe it to be the best thing since the Swiss Army Knife.
You, being a DC, Ear Phone, Walkman kind of guy and apparently do not and would not use any of these products. - Mes thinks yous just like to stur the pot...........Jim
jhills
coated with Graphene; or filled with incredible, semi-conductor liquid; or made in USA ultra high grade, specially treated, conductors - with multi layers of high-tech shielding (actually come from China bulk conductor wire - the equivalent of 24AWG at about $.25 pr. ft ...
Will you please tell us exactly which $1,000-per-foot audio cable you are referring to here? Will you please tells us which specific claims are troubling you?
... the wild claims of some of these high priced cable guys - some of which already facing, or have faced, suits and fines for false claims and improper business practices.
Will you please be specific about these "suits and fines for false claims?" Can you cite more than one instance?