Chord DAVE, any lesser Chord DAC come close?

I had the opportunity to audition a Chord DAVE in my system for a couple of days and I was very impressed.
Anybody who truly thinks dacs are all the same needs to listen to a true high end model.
However not so impressed with the 10k price tag.
So looking for comment from experienced Chord users if any of their lesser DAC models come close to the magic of the DAVE.
128x128uberwaltz
I have a few responders to myself from this thread that I am sure would love to take your 5k.
Then maybe they could give it to me to go towards a Dave.....
Chord Qutest + iFi iUSB3.0 (for power) + MScaler

Let's say 1300 for used Quest, 299 for used iFi, 4000 for a new M Scaller.  5600 all in. To me the above combo actually sounds better than Dave. There is just more body to the music than what Dave gives you. Dave is the ultimate transparency device at a cost of some tonality.
Every system is different. I've compared the Hugo TT mk2 with the M-scaler to the Dave in my system. I prefer the Dave and kept it.
@ricred1 Did you keep the M Scaler. Clearly Dave sounds even better with the M Scaler. That's not even in contention. That's pretty much the ultimate combo. Soundstage about as deep as it is wide and then some.
astelmaszek,
There are no absolutes in Audio,  only preferences. Although I know several people that absolutely loves the M-scaler, I prefer the sound of the Dave by itself.