Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues

Uh-oh, it sounds like clearthink isn't thinking too clearly.  Maybe his user name is satirical?

Tim
clearthinker? LOL  you go from first person to who knows whta to validate your personal opinion " I personally find that class D amplification sounds just dreadful to those familiar with the sound of real music, instruments, and acoustic spaces."

I am quite familiar with live and reproduced music via claas A, AB, tube, and 4 different class Ds (soon to be 5) . and while I somewhat agree, having owned earlier generations from W4S, my Audio Alchemy stereo amp sounds like real music, at least WHEN the recording is well done , but bad discs sound BAD. 

Noble100+++

"class D amplification sounds just dreadful to those familiar with the sound of real
music, instruments, and acoustic spaces."

My experience with live music and spaces is puny... You are right ClearThink... heard a live violin for the first time when I was six years old.... So I decided that I needed to learn music.... Started to take piano lessons and at 16 I got a Steinway baby grand.... Started to attend classical concerts at 13 at the Sala Verdi and the Teatro Alla Scala in Milan... Became a member of the selection committee for the Italian Concert Season of the Gioventu’ Musicali when I was 18.... Briefly trained as a bass baritone, and sang in a variety of classical choirs... Studied phylosophy of music and composition at college..... Attended music camps where daily I listened to violins by Antonio Stradivari, Guarneri Del Gesu', and Guadagnini.... Coached my daughter for 12 years when she was studying cello... Wrote articles on PFO.... At 65 I play the euphonium, flugel horn, cornet, trumpet, flute, and baroque recorders....

But apparently I know nothing about acoustic music and live spaces, and that’s probably why I am fond of such class D amps as the Bel Canto REF1000M, The Merrill Veritas, the Mola Mola Kaluga, the Rowland M312... Even worse, I absolutely adore the Rowland M535 bridged amps, and my Rowland M925 monoblocks... Somehow I managed to delude myself into believing that I am experiencing musical nirvana.

Nothing wrong in not liking current class D amps, ClearThink... Provided you experienced at some depth some of the best examples out there... Just please refrain from passing judgement on people who feel otherwise.... Their musical experience might be very well as deep as yours, Yet they might have developed opinions very different from yours.

Regards, Guido

Just please refrain from passing judgement on people who feel otherwise....

You need to get off your horse, I don’t think for one minute guidocorona that clearthink was passing judgement on to you or anyone at all!! He was giving his own personal thoughts as he stated said "I personally find" read it!!!.

As for your prima-donna resume, just because you have been a "self paised" jack of all trades musical, does not mean you were a master at any, or can even hear well either.

George,

You need to take a break! You are passing judgement on Guido....that is for sure. Then, you could say, I am passing judgement on you for judging Guido for.......ha, ha, ha. Really, I love you....I don’t judge you....but I call you out on your judgements.

Can we just let go and stop calling names! Lighten up George! Stop fighting! Go watch a hallmark movie.....cry a little...laugh a lot. Life is a miracle! Every breath is a divine glorious moment.