Why price of Tannoy speakers from online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US

I am looking for a pair of new Tannoy Kensington GR speakers. I notice the price from many online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US.  I believe they are authorized dealers because their websites are listed on Tannoy website.  Current price in UK for a pair of Tannoy Kensington GR Speakers is 9290 pounds(approximately 12K USD). Price in US is 9K/each or 18K/pair.   If we add shipping fee and import taxes and duties, it is still significantly less than the price in US. does anyone have  experience with buying Tannoy speakers directly from UK retailers.  Your input is appreciated.
michael8853
Feedback from their internet site

John, Caroline du Nord

"I throughly enjoyed working with Nicolas. This was my first transaction in Canada. He went out of his way to communicate the CAD / US Dollar valulation plus border / custom fees.

I have No problem suggesting other American buyers to purchase through Nicolas in Canada .

Thank you Nicolas "

I want to underline that I have no interest in Son Ultime business.
I am not one of their customer .
Post removed 
My appologies to Elizabeth .
She was right ( as usual )
I was wrong    .  :-)

by the way , AudioGon Forum ; the best show in town , and it is free.

Post removed 
Tannoys do tend to show up used for great deals - they’re not always posted, but you’ll find a great deal on Kensington GR/GRF-90/Canterbury GR if you’re patient. The GR versions of the pepperpot/alnico drivers are what you want - they really are better. Then you’ve got to vet the seller as trustworthy, and ensure they ship freight (don’t even thing about standard UPS/FedEx Ground services) and use all original factory packing. But you’ll save a veritable boatload of money! The trouble is finding an avenue to service if you need it. The most likely part to fail is the little 2" tweeter diaphragm that bolts on to the back of the large driver unit - it’s actually very easy for almost any tech to replace IF you can get that part. They were like $200 each in the SE days, and were available for sale online. Not sure about the new GR parts.

I’ve not dealt with the "Son Ultime" guy, but his posts have shown up in Facebook Tannoy groups, and his chop looks really cool! Looks like a serious Tannoy lover & dealer - I wish there were more of those. My dealer is "The Audio Company" just across the block from me in Marietta GA; I'm one of the very fortunate few with a Tannoy dealer so close :)