Why price of Tannoy speakers from online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US

I am looking for a pair of new Tannoy Kensington GR speakers. I notice the price from many online retailers in UK is cheaper than in US.  I believe they are authorized dealers because their websites are listed on Tannoy website.  Current price in UK for a pair of Tannoy Kensington GR Speakers is 9290 pounds(approximately 12K USD). Price in US is 9K/each or 18K/pair.   If we add shipping fee and import taxes and duties, it is still significantly less than the price in US. does anyone have  experience with buying Tannoy speakers directly from UK retailers.  Your input is appreciated.
michael8853
Post removed 
The problem, so to speak, with the direct sale model is that most of the companies doing it are small and haven’t been building speakers for very long. They can’t touch the long-established brands like B&W, Focal, Tannoy, etc in accumulated R&D and manufacturing know-how. They can’t match the economies of scale. Their cabinet designs tend to be more simplistic (I’m not talking about just making the outside of the box a really pretty finish). They usually have to outsource critical parts like drivers, rather than building from scratch and truly optimizing as a whole for their own builds. They’re also not able to throw the money at very exotic builds and materials like a Magico.

I’ll buy a Tannoy all day over any direct-sale speaker. Just wish the prices hadn’t gone up so much recently (e.g. Canterbury GR jumping from some 27K list to 36K in the last year).
VAT on exports to non-EU countries

VAT is a tax on goods used in the EU, so if goods are exported outside the EU, you do not charge VAT. You can zero rate the sale, as long as you get and keep evidence of the export, and comply with all other laws. You must also make sure the goods are exported, and you must get the evidence within 3 months from the time of sale. This can be longer for goods that need processing before export and for thoroughbred racehorses.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-exports-dispatches-and-supplying-goods-abroad#goods-dispatched-by-po...

I do not want to contradict  Elizabeth , but I would be supprised if the VAT was in the dealer’s price.
just on a marketing or sale standpoint, dealers of all sorts  try to attract customers by showing the minimum price.
Think about cars advertisement, the price that is published is far from the one that will be at the bottom of the bill.

I also like the walnut stain on these speakers.  I love to support local dealers but it is not justified for me to pay $4000-$5000 more for the same set of speakers. I agree that there are some risks involved in buying abroad.  If I am not ready to take those risks, I may need to explore other options such as different speakers or buy used ones.  

Regarding VAT, the online retailers do list price with VAT.  But as soon as I select country of destination (USA), It subtracts 20% from the listed price.  Also if I select some other products that they are not allow to sell, they will display "Sorry we are unable to ship this item to your area due to our agreement with the brand."