Technics Turntables...really???

Ok, what am I missing? When I hear Technics turntables, I think Craigslist and DJ tables. What am I missing? 
pawlowski6132
@stevecham  

The direct drive lent a tunable feature for aspiring musicians.

Record scratching and fooling with a mixer doesn’t make a musician. Learning how to play instruments and sing is what defines a musician. 
the thing is with the 1200G, vintage moving magnet cartridges on this table sound better than setups costing in excess of 10K.  You can use MC cartridges on the arm but the older MM cartrs really shine on this table to the point that I do not desire the 3k and above cartridges anymore.  Its that good.
Technics "junkers" have speed control better than many other manufacturer's expensive offerings.   Some kind of snobbery me thinks in these kind of threads.  
Just my opinion, 20 years ago, who thought vinyl would still be alive ? Now we have new TTs popping up all the time and more reissues on better vinyl formulations. Vinyl was supposed to be dead.

I think, everyone into vinyl, should have at least 2 TTs. One belt drive and one direct drive. Just converted to DD in April of 2018. There is no going back. I see a LP12 for 2250.00- current bid 1901.00. I would snatch this up if I did't already have one.The Technics 1200G and 1200GR are the best value in new DD TTs right now.

We have more used record stores selling new and used vinyl in Chicago than we had 10years ago. Plenty of very good TTs on the used market for decent prices. Support a dealer that can help you set it up before we lose all of them.

No reason, not to take the plunge into vinyl.This is the new Golden Age of Vinyl.