Why so many used focals?

I look on the forums to read and learn about owners reactions about focals and compared to many brands there's little action which would make me think it's a small company... til I search on AG for used focal speakers and pages of used speakers come up! Are they the type of speakers that offer a clear upgrade path OR are they short term speakers that wow the listener early and fatigue in the long term?

I couldn't be in the same room with focal's from the 90's, but the recent speakers have been very pleasing to the ear in auditions. Experienced reply's would be appreciated and please no hating on the brand. Tks
128x128steve59
kosst, you bring up some great points in your post but what you describe regarding the speakers’ impedance variations (as a function of frequency) is nothing unique to Focals. With a very few exceptions, majority of the cone driven speakers have similar behavior and many sound pretty good when paired with McIntosh Autoformers. It mostly comes down to the listener preference. In general, I think more efficient/sensitive speakers with higher and more stable impedance tend to be less picky about the pairing amplifier in most systems/rooms.
Post removed 
I just looked for Focal speakers on Audigon and found only ONE Maestro Utopia III.    Only ONE.
yea, they've changed how the search engine works. I type in Focal and 2 pages of speakers appear I hit the search button and they all disappear! then if I search from my phone I get a completely different list. 

Anyhow I finally got the Kanta 3's into my basement and am playing all my old rock collection. They're sensitive and don't need a ton of power, image great and have an open clean midrange and my wife likes the way they look! If I hadn't lucked into the Usher be-20 DMD's I probably would have bought the Kanta's but the speakers are more of a trade of qualities than one being a clear winner and my room is a *itch.