Metrum Onyx versus Metrum Pavane

I wanted to see who has moved up from the Metrum Onyx to the Pavane or Adagio and was it worth it?

I currently run the Onyx with Metrum Ambre via I2S.

Let me know who else out there has experience with Metrum in general.

Thanks!
128x128justjames72
I'm using a modified Wyred for Sound Sonos Connect which only has spdif rca digital output.  I'm also using a modified cd transport with the same digital rca output connection to play cds.

I know I've read the I2S is supposed to be better but was wondering for any comments from those that used both.  

The Wyred for Sound does sound very good when streaming Tidal.  At some point I may buy the Ambre with Roon and connect via I2S.
I have the Onyx, it sounds so good and I lead such a busy life that I couldn't justify the Pavane. I spoke to Metrum personnel directly and they kinda agreed. Unless you listen critically everyday, it probably wouldn't make any "real" difference.
@nitewulf @justjames72 - +1!

I enjoy my Onyx as well, and good to know that its so good that the Pavane, even though I'm sure  it's likely a "little" better than the Onyx, it may not be justifiable for the add'l $$ required.

I run mine via AES/EBU from a Gustard U16 DDC (MacBook Pro connected to the U16 via USB), and the music is highly engaging, exciting, while liquid and natural!

I would love to know if the Ambre would be an upgrade to my setup above?? Now that Roon supports Tidal and Qobuz (btw, I think Qobuz hi-res is much better than Tidal MQA, but I don't have the Metrum module in my Onyx to do the second unwrapping of MQA), it might be time to try an Ambre. Any thoughts?