Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
kosst, even if you were right, it doesn’t matter. If you were selling speakers, I would give my business to Tekton just to not be buying them from you.  I did not always think this way.
Kosst

AGREED ! The problem with constantly making threads of adoration is there is and will be those who call you out with their proofs and findings of misfortunes. Yes every company has a issue here and there. Its how they are handled on a timely manner.  Parts supplies in todays Audio world are much tighter tolerances. Customers should never be the test ground for a work in progress prototype
First, I try to buy the best, and spend my money on the best I can afford. Reviews don’t sway me at all and I take them with a grain of salt, as should anyone serious about a big purchase in this hobby.

I currently own the Tekton Encores. I love them to death. I had the Double Impacts. I loved them for the year I had them, but I prefer the Encore’s prodigious bass response and the double MTM array which to my ears sounds more transparent, detailed, and electrostatic-like than the DIs which were no slouch either.

If I was still using my 8wpc SET amplifier I would love to own a pair of the Perfect SET speakers because I’m certain they would be a match made in heaven. The build quality of both pairs of my Tektons were flawless.

The packaging on my DI’s were not as good as my Encores, but nonetheless they arrived safe and sound. The packaging for my Encores was painstakingly and superbly done. At 175lbs each, Eric has just as much on the line to ensure a safe delivery as I do.

The coherence of Tekton speakers is superb. The voicing of both Tekton’s I owned were spot on to my liking. They are detailed, but not clinical, neutral to maybe a tad on the warmer side of neutral, but they are coherent and that’s not an easy thing to do with a 4-way design. Many much more expensive and well known speakers I’ve listened to aren’t coherent sounding to my ears. I trust Eric’s ears and his ability to make any speaker he designs sound coherent, natural sounding, and organic, ya know. like music should sound.

@teajay Keep up the great work finding high value components and speakers that perform beyond their price tag. Don’t let the trolls get you down.

Sincerly,

A Tekton Fan-Boy!

PS: Not a paid shill and I have never gotten a discount on any Tekton Products!
teajay,
thank you for your response. I am likely going to pull the trigger on the PERFECT early next week after getting my wife on board. Pick color. I value your input. Best, mikirob 
Post removed