Recapping Krell KSA 250

I have received a quote of $1500 for recapping. The amps have been in storage for 10 years and were bought new by me in 1992. I talked to an EE who said that was a bit excessive for replacing capacitors. I know the standard answer is that it's a Krell amp and needs special attention. I would like to sell these amps but there are some financial constraints.If I turned on these amps to see if they still work without having a recap, what is the risk to the amp.  As the  amps are heavy and expensive to ship, I am wondering if there is anyone in the southeast near Alabama who might be able to do the work?
frenetical
I am no expert, but I think turning on the amps will not be a problem.
If you are concerned, take off the cover and look around. If you see something bulging or looks like it is drooling, then you have a bad cap.
If not, they should be fine.
I owned an Adcom GFA-555 for over 30 years before I sold it, it worked like it did the day I bought it. 
Considering that you haven't used it, and hopefully stored it in an area without extreme temp/humidity swings, I doubt it would need caps replaced. 
I would sell them and tell the buyer the history, and let them decide the need to recap the amps.
Bob
Good point to consider; depending upon the storage conditions; there might not be any serious issues with the caps.
I would open them up; take a close look at caps, traces, solder joints. If you have a magnifying glass; you could take a look around, caps (electrolytic) tend to weep, as they get old, but not always. 
Traces look for tarnish or oxidation, same for solder joints.
Another tell-tale visual sign with (electrolytic) caps; the ends will "teepee" from swelling.

fren,

Was that quote from Krell? 

This may sound like a long-shot avenue to take:

Email some of the smaller online manufacturers, fabricators of upgrades,cables, speakers, etc...
Most of these guys are easy to communicate with; you might be surprised at their responses.
They have a LOT of connections out there; if they aren't interested in the recap,
I'd be willing to bet they know of technicians that will do the recaps, maybe even ALOT cheaper too.
Thanks for the advice. I have set up an appointment with a reputable technician in Atlanta. If they work and he doesn't find anything wrong what can I ask per amp? I have been offered $1200/amp if they work and $1000/amp if they don't. Gentleman resells amps to private parties. I have been told this is too low. Audiogon bluebook seems a bit outdated.
I afree, that seems low; but if you need to sell them rather quickly, it might be a deal to consider.
It would be nice if you could hang on to them; they're excellent!