A decent preamp to complete my setup?

Hey everyone! I'm absolutely new to the hobby and am coming along with a turntable setup and have everything besides my preamp. So far I have a Technics sl-1200mkd3 turntable, two svs ultra bookshelf speakers, and a NuForce STA200 160 watt amp. I'm loving the setup so far because apparently the NuForce will do well with the SVS speakers, but I've been cautioned to use a preamp that has as low gain as possible since apparently the NuForce has a lot already (I admit I'm not too sure if this is a big deal or even much of an issue, but initially it makes sense). I've heard somewhere in the 2-3db region is great, but have no idea where to look for something like that. My budget is $300-$350 so I'm hoping that's enough to get something decent, do you guys have any suggestions? I don't want any bells or whistles like streaming, DAC, etc. Just a good preamp with volume control that's simple to run from my turntable to my amp. If the perfect piece of equipment for me is a little outside of my range I suppose I'd have no problem saving up a bit more to get it, but I'm hoping something that gives me the bare bones I'm looking for will be decently in my range.
bacom15
Thanks for the amazing recommendations Soix! I looked at both and they seem like exactly what I'd want out of my components at this point in time, plus the price points are right on the money! I'm excited to see it all come together when I get back home and get everything situated. Again thanks for the great information and recommendations. 
One could use a separate phonostge into a Schiit SYS passive into the STA200. Passive and Phonostage could easily be had for $300 (SYS=$50).

I own the SYS and the STA 200. The STA200 delivers full power with 0.65 volt input. 
For the phono preamp I like the idea of the Schiit Mani, but my only concern is the gain that comes with the various settings. I'm not too certain on how important this is considering it's the gain in the phono preamp versus the passive Saga preamp (I've been doing some reading up on the Schiit Saga and I honestly love it at this point). Assuming the Mani phono preamp gain is a non issue then I'd have no problem picking it up, if nothing else for the cartridge flexibility, but I don't know if it makes the 12-15db gain sweet spot that lowrider was kind enough to explain, a non issue since the preamp would be a passive one with the Saga... If that makes any sense anyways
The following website is pretty popular for calculating gain between cartridge and phonostage...
https://www.kabusa.com/pregain.htm

FYI, the volume setting on the preamp will never be exactly the same as a digital source.

bacom15

Being in a remote area and patient my advice is order yourself a copy of Robert Harley's Complete Guide to High-End Audio https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-High-End-Audio/dp/0978649362  That's what I did, and it not only saved me a lot of time and money, but helped me become a much better listener and better able to evaluate components. Its well worth the time and money just for what you will learn about listening.

And budgeting. You really need to learn about budgeting! Everyone, but everyone, gets it all wrong. Except Harley. Who by the way, was one of the all-time great reviewers for Stereophile many years ago.

Let me give you an example about how budgeting works. Actual example. Friend at work wants to buy her husband a really nice present, whole stereo, $2500 budget. Wants me to do everything. (Good call.) 

So with that I budget out more or less as follows:
20% speakers $400
20% integrated $400
20% CD $400
20% speaker cables & interconnect $400
20% power cords & Cones $400

If you notice those numbers don't add up to $2500 that's because I take $500 right off the top for my time and expertise.

Those figures aren't carved in stone. In this case I happened to know of speakers that cost a little more but are so much better its worth spending a little more there even though it means spending a little less elsewhere.

Now the guy I made this for, he's no audiophile but he works in a line of business that gets him into the homes of a lot of people who over the years have exposed him to some pretty high end systems. He knows what they spent and what they sound like, its not like he's coming from nowhere. And what he tells me, when he heard his he was sure his wife had spent way north of five grand. Way north. So sure in fact that he asked me, "man to man" how much she really spent. Then when I said $2500 he said, "well I hope you were taken care of." He was sure whatever I was paid had to be on top of the $2500.

Mull that one over a while. Not the only time I did this either. Sure ain't what the other A-goners will tell you. In contrast to the party line this actually works. You could have a system beyond your dreams for a whole lot less than you would ever think possible right now. Get the book.