Peachtree Nova 300

Interesting review.  Check out the video at the bottom.  Hilarious!  This reviewer calls it the best amp on the market.  While I like Peachtree, a lot actually and I feel their products punch above their weight for sure, this reviewer may only have limited experience and in a limited price range.  

https://www.themasterswitch.com/review-peachtree-audio-nova300
128x128kclone
The Nova 500 is supposed be the best thing they have ever done.  I doubt I will get it though.  I have the 300 in a second system, but I don't like it that it doesn't have a digital display and neither does the 500.  The volume nob doesn't turn so there is not indicator of where anything is at, you just have to use your ears. 
I just bought a used PT Nova300 from here and awaiting its arrival. I currently have a Hegel H90 for my 2-channel setup and am going to be doing a comparison. I have Klipsch Chorus ii’s speakers. Very clean and simple setup. I love the looks and simplicity of the Nova300 and have read so many good things about it. Hope I’m not disappointed. 
BTW, the Hegel is a very nice unit itself. 
I have a Peachtree Nova 3oo which in itself is not the problem however the sound I get playing the same source - Qobuz - delivers remarkably different results between the following connections.

1. Sonos Connect with volume bypass via Audioquest Optical to Nova
2. Bluesound Node 2 via Audioquest Coax to Nova
3. iPhone via USB on Nova using bog standard Apple lightning to USB cable.

To my surprise 1 and 2 sound remarkably similar. But 3 outshines them both by a country mile. Much more detail and openness.

I am currently playing with Roon as the UI, and ideally would like to avoid having to plug my phone in to play music...

Any suggestions/ideas of what to tweak please?
I’ve had a Nova500 in my system (Dynaudio Contour 60, SoTM SMS-200 Ultra, Marantz SR7011 for movies) since December. The USB connection I find sounds best out of the SoTM but to be fair I haven’t critically compared each input. 

Im still tuning the acoustics as I’m cursed with a square room, nearly going crazy with port-plug combinations and positioning tweaks!!

all that said, it ain’t bad at all.  One day I might go back to tubes with the Contours as I’ve heard good things but for now,  the Peachtree is a keeper.
Anybody do the upgrade from a Nova150 or Nova300 to the Nova500. There is a special price continuing this month for the upgrade. I have a Nova150 and it is $2K to get to the Nova500. Not sure if I should do it.