Any advice on buying quality vinyl

As I'm exploring my old vinyl collection with the addition of some new purchases, I'm wondering what the thoughts are on the quality of Mofi, Better Records and the like.  I have leaned toward Mobile Fidelity, but am put off by the insane prices on Better Records Hot Stampers.  Are they worth it?  Your experiences please.
udog
Ime great condition original pressings are still hard to beat.
Usually a good us clean and you are ready to rock.

I am sure you will get lots of varied opinions on this one.
Acoustic Sounds is a good place to get records. Don't have any experience with the hot stamper crowd. I suspect they are more hype than anything else.
I’d avoid both MoFi and Better Records. Absolutely seek out good original pressings, but no need to overpay to the level of "Better Records". Some of your cheapest records will turn out to be your favorite gems, after a good clean. That's part of the vinyl magic - don't give that up to the cash grabbers. MoFi have been really hit or miss (some can be good I guess). Some reissues can be great, but many of the "audiophile" reissues are so, so disappointing. Some RSD issues are great, but many are just lame. New music on vinyl can be lots of fun. Get used to DiscOgs for sourcing the rare and hard-to-find gaps in your collection, and also to scope out what pressings/variants are available with rough values & quality ratings.

Amazon can be really cheap & fast for new issues, but god help you if you like to receive your covers without dinged corners (at the least). Acoustic Sounds & Music Direct know how to properly pack vinyl. But I’ve been caught on the long end of a backorder some of the few times I’ve used M.D., so Elusive Disc probably gets highest ratings from me.
No Better Records is not hype. I've got a White Hot Stamper of Fleetwood Mac. People can whine, argue, whatever about the cost being worth it. What they cannot do is find anything better. The best of what they have is so much better than ANYTHING else I have EVER heard it is not even close. Honestly, I would never in my life have thought anything on vinyl, tape, or otherwise could even be that good. Granted I have never heard a studio master tape. Certainly nothing pressed can ever be any better than that. Whatever. Like I said, bring on the whiners and deniers, its just inexplicably unbelievably awesomely good sound. 

That said, the next big takeaway from this is they are right, no two records sound the same. Once I compared my run of the mill Fleetwood Mac to the otherworldly good WHS I started doing shootouts with some of the other dupes in my collection. The results so far are there are indeed no two copies yet that I have compared that sounded the same. ALWAYS there is one that sounds better. Not a little better. Not like you have to strain to hear. I'm talking like its darn obvious and right away. So obvious in fact that one time I even knew the copy I was playing was a dud and I hadn't even heard the other copy in over a week!

The dud by the way was a BRAND NEW Analogue Productions copy of Linda Ronstadt's What's New. A fabulous George Massenburg recording mastered by the legendary Doug Sax at the Mastering Lab.... RUINED by Analogue Productions! I mean I could only stand a few minutes then yanked it off and replaced it with my worn out old used record copy which sounds a whole lot better. Strings have just the right amount of bite, Linda's voice is THERE with enveloping acoustic, on and on. Much better.

Every shootout I have done, if you can find a decent sounding (not even especially good, just decent) original old pressing I can just about guarantee it will absolutely kill any heavy vinyl audiophile reissue no matter how much they overcharged you for it.
I only buy original pressings that includes some Japanese first release pressings, mostly from 70s. Yes, I have just a few records that I would call Mint condition, most are strong VG+ and NM/NM-, and I have a few rare very playable VG records. Prices I paid vary from $0.99 to $150, about $30-$35 on average plus shipping.