Audirvana Plus vs Roon - High Sound Quality at Lower Cost?

I've recently set up Audirvana, choosing over Roon due to Roon's higher cost.
Seems like Audirvana's sound quality is considered to be high.

Does anyone have any experience comparing sound quality of Audirvana vs Roon or other players?
I use Audirvana to play purchased FLAC's, ripped FLAC's, and also Tidal HiFi from my Mac Mini with Fusion Drive connected via USB.
Looking for input from those who may have taken the trouble to compare.  I for one didn't notice a difference, but I am planning to upgrade my system shortly and differences could possibly become apparent as a result.

nyev
I was an Audirvana fan/user from 2012 until 2017. convinced it offered the best SQ available. As with most A+ users, I spent many an hour tweaking the settings.  Two years ago I decided to try Roon (1.3 at the time).  I immediately preferred the Roon presentation.  And that's without factoring in the file management and especially the radio function of Roon - which is probably the biggest difference.  So last year I coughed up the Roon lifetime membership fee with no looking back.  In my experience, you get what you pay for.
I keep trying Audirvana but going back to BitPerfect. Cheap and effective. 
I can't answer the question directly as I have never tried Roon. All I can say is; I have been using Audirvana Plus for several years now and have no plans to change anything. I am very pleased with the interface and the player works extremely well for me. I am there?
I think Audirvana Plus is outstanding.  I did a brief free Roon trial after installing Audirvana and thought Roon degraded the sound subtly.  My problem is that I don’t want my PC in the system, as I prefer to use it for computing.  After I turn off Audirvana I noticed occasionally the Printer settings would have to be reset.  Not a big deal, but annoying.  I didn’t feel that the interface that wonderful but the app works fairly well.  I have also heard that the updates can be problematic and was advised not to do them