Q acoustics harsh high end

Please help.
Just bought a Pioneer network reciever and a pair of 3050s. I realise this isn't top end equipment but at any sort of volume the upper frequencies are harsh,  very noticeable on female voices. The last system I had was started back in the late 70s with a pair of MA4s, then a denon amp, 50W I think, then I added a mid range Marantz cd player.
I remember having absolutely no issues with the sound quality. I have tried placing the system in a different room. I have tried a different amp (Marantz 63KI). I have tried a different Cd player but all sound the same, bright, harsh top end. Im begining to think it's the speakers but the reviews are almost unanimously brilliant. I'm wondering if I should get some second hand MA 352s
Any advice would be welcome

John 
jlj
Be patient.  The sound will likely improve,
over time.  You may consider using the XLO
Test and Burn-In cd.

my Q 3020 sounded a lot better after a few hundred hours of playing music
Thanks for the reassurance. Can any one recommend cables that might take the edge off the shrill top end.
Don’t make any system changes until the speakers are properly broken in. Otherwise, you will be like a dog, chasing its tail. Once the speakers are run in, then and only then would I consider other options. Patience is a virtue. If you want to burn in the speakers quickly, connect 1 speaker out of phase and have them face each other. Then use the XLO or Esoteric or Isotek burn in CD and blast it for a week. With the speakers out of phase to each other, it won’t be too loud. Run it like this daily when you are at work. After a week, reconnect the speakers the right way and listen to music. If it is only a little better, run them in for another week. Then try again.