adcom equipment.....

this might have been posted before, but has anyone heard or know anything about the new adcom line.  that, 575se model intrigues me at that price point.

kennesawjet
hey thanks 213rinnin,
that's what I figured, it was a great line in its day, I don't see why it don't work now...…….
Sure, no problem.  Being that I've owned both Parasound and Adcom previously, I compared some of the specs of the 555SE and the Parasound 2250 V2.  They retail for about the same...

The Adcom has comparable SNR and better damping factor(900 to 150), better THD and better frequency response, which is down to 10 Hz vs a -3 db of 20 Hz for the Parasound.  The 555 also doesn't need a 2 ohm switch to be stable at 2 ohms.  I can't find cap values for the 2250, but comparing photos, the Adcom's at 60,000 micro farads seem quite large compared to the Parasound.

One more thing.  The 2250 achieves unity power at 1 volt, which is the typical max voltage output for receivers, but not preamps.  The Adcom achieves full power at 1.75 volts, which would give more range on the volume dial.

To be fair, the Parasound has more features, consumes less power at rest, and has 275 wpc on tap vs the 200 wpc for the 555.  The new improved Halo amps look much better for more money, though.
 I got the 6002 in yesterday. Two things stuck out immediately. First, I was right about the better damping factor helping out the bass response compared to my old tube amp. No surprise there, but I do like an accurate bass. Secondly, the amp has a harshness to it that I am hoping will go away with a few hours of use. In general, it is an honest sounding amp to my ears, so it would be worth using for the time being, until my Forte' amp is rebuilt. 
That's an interesting result, the harshness I mean.  I found it not harsh with Totem Rainmakers( a somewhat forward/open sounding speaker), but perhaps the Halo P5 had something to say about that.  Then too, my definition of harsh may be different than yours.  My cabling differs too, but let's not get into that!

I suppose it is a budget amp after all, you can only get so much SQ at the price point.  
4krow,
how is the ummp factor, I had one rebuilt (555) and its clear as hell but a little lacking in the bottom end.  im thinking that will go away at break in as well..