Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
With my Merrill Audio Veritas class d amps I do not hear any musical shortcomings as some here/hear have speculated...That is of course within the confounds of my system and my musical priorities..The Veritas amps can produce that magical quality of live music being sorted out in front of me with none of that sugar coating of sound that just gets in the way of any high quality recording.     
     I can't imagine someone ever thinking these amps are subpar in any possible way..unless you like that sort of glossed over sugary sound presentation.. Are they a perfect amp for all people? No...But such a beast does not exist.. I have talked with Merrill and he assures me the new proprietary Element amps of his design are a huge step up from the Veritas amps in every way that is musically important to me. If that be the case...they will be very special indeed.  
     GaN technology just might bring that promised mythical beast of a near perfect amp within reach of the audiophile community at large..we shall see.I have my eyes set on the 114's when they become available late spring/early summer this year... 8)
georgehifi,

I was hoping the link you included in your post was finally some, ANY, information supporting your false claims about class D sonic shortcomings.  But no, you're just continuing your evasion and refusal to answer questions meant to clarify exactly what these dubious sonic shortcomings actually sound like.  
     It has become increasingly obvious that you have little to no experience listening to good quality class D amps and that the reason actual owners and users of good quality class D amps are unable to discern these supposed shortcomings is because they do not exist.  
     Please understand that without a shred of supporting evidence, your inability/refusal to answer ANY clarifying questions and the absolute inability of users to perceive even a hint of your imaginary shortcomings, your claims have lost all credibility just as you are losing yours.
    On the positive side, those GaN transistors seem interesting.

Later,
  Tim

At some point, folks need to be less critical of others with whom they disagree. Piling on with repeated posts is a form of abuse towards a member that the moderators regularly condemn and remedy by removing posts.

George has stated he has heard a variety of class D designs in a variety of threads. Maybe doing a small amount of research before posting questions about his not having done so is in order.
I’m a massive fan of Class D/T etc.. (hence me starting the thread), but I support georgehifi’s comments 100%

I believe without doubt that Class D will eventually equal/surpass the very best Tube & Class A.   Maybe next year, maybe 10 years??  It’s only a matter of time.

..but I’m yet to hear a Class D amp that didn’t display some of the artefacts georegehifi describes.

To my ear, Class D has real clarity & tight clear bass.  It can have a tube/SET like bloom, which I really like.   BUT, it can sound processed & lack soul.

I owned a not inexpensive Devialet 250.   I thought it was amazing at first, but there was always a certain something I couldn’t put my finger on...
Then I heard the Devialet Phantom.   Very “impressive” (how does that little ball produce so much sound??...), but without doubt the most offensive processed sound I’ve ever heard.   I went home to my Pro 250 & I could hear it.   Only slightly compared to the Phantom, but it was there.   It was finished.  I got rid quickly.

So I’m still searching to find a Class D amp that gives me that clean, clear, tubelike presentation, but without the processed treble.   

If it exists yet?
aolmrd1241,

I and many other class D fans, as well as many professional audio reviewers,. consider the Merrill Audio Veritas monoblocks  one of the finest amps utilizing current class D technology.   
     The fact that you cannot detect any shortcomings in their excellent sonic performance is surprising to exactly nobody, perhaps not even to georgehifi.  I've been using a pair of D-Sonic M3-600-M monoblocks, that I and others would likely classify as good quality that are priced at about 20%of the Veritas, in my system for over 3 yrs now and even I have also completely failed to detect any sonic shortcomings that georgehifi has so vaguely described and insists exist.
     Georgehifi has been spewing class D disinformation for years now on multiple audio forums without any supporting research results, information or even anecdotal examples.
     It's highly suspected that he has very little to no experience listening to good class D  amps, since it's the only explanation for his obviously ignorant theories, statements and comments concerning class D.
     Fortunately, clueless anti-class D propaganda has zero affect on those of us who have experienced the truth.
     I agree that the newer and faster GaN transistors may allow class D  performance to get even better.  Interesting times for audio.
Enjoy,
 Tim