New codecs worth making a switch right now?

Those of you who have updated to the two new codecs (Dolby True HD and DTS HD), is there a noticabble difference in the audio quality? I already have a blue ray player and a system with the codecs that were in place just prior to the two new versions.

Thanks,

Mike
ndfan
Yes it is worth it. The improvement in sound quality is a quantum leap forward. Viewing cinema in the home with a good AV receiver and Blu Ray combo is mandatory Sat night entertainment for our family.

I just picked up the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense on Blu Ray. The sound playback is jaw dropping. I sat in the center seat with a smile from ear to ear from start to finish.
If yur Blu-ray player does the decoding internal and outputs PCM digital, then you don't need a new processor. Yes, the new HD audio formats are a major improvement over DD and DTS.
Prpixel- I don't believe all processors or receivers with HDMI from a year or two back are able to decode multichannel LPCM. I know that the McIntosh units are not able to do so.

It would be nice if we had a consolidated list of which units can and cannot decode multichannel LPCM (other than the newer units out in the last year).

Russ