Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues

My experience aligns with Eric's.... All class D amps I have had in my system require warm up.... Particularly older generation class D could sound rather dry at power up time.... To sound their best, 24 hours or more were  a must.... More recent amps, such as Rowland M925 and M535 sound pretty good a few minutes after power up, but if you want them to give you their very best, warm up is definitely necessary.

Don't want to warm them up? No problem... Do what I do.... Leave them on at idele 24/7.... Being some 95% to 97% efficient, you will never notice their existance on your monthly AC bill, nor will they ever heat up your house..... Just remember to unplug your entire system when thunderstorms are around.

G.

byington711,

If you're still following this thread I have a question:
    From your 1/4/19 post on this thread, I'm not sure if you own the stereo PS Audio BHK 250 or the mono block 300 amps in your system.   
     Regardless, it's my understanding that the PS Audio BHK 250 stereo and 300 monos are class AB amps, not class D amps. 
      Therefore, neither have the usual class D benefits of compact size, low weight, low operating temperature and low electricity consumption,  Both of these amps are quite large (at least 17.1"W x 8.7"H x 14"D), quite heavy (83-100lbs), have high operating temperatures  and consume considerable electricity (at least 175w @ idle and 850/1.600w @ full power at 8/4 ohms). 
     By listing and suggesting these amps on a thread titled :Which class D amp?....", my concern is that some might mistakenly believe that the PS Audio BHK amps actually are class D.
      Can you please clarify and definitively confirm the PS Audio BHK areps are both class AB?

Thanks,
   Tim
I installed new 500w p/s modules in my NuForce, then sent them to Bob Smith @TDSS for the rest of the goods, amp searching is over.

Tube Dac and Preamp in front of these, mandatory in my book and ears.

Other amps I’d ever consider would be NuPrime Evo-1 or Rowlands.
As far as warm up is concerned, I cannot hear any differences in a cold start up vs. the amp having been on for 4 hours... other than Bourbon has taken over and everything in the room is just better.  
As far as warm up is concerned,  other than Bourbon has taken over and everything in the room is just better.  

+1 and more!!

Amps are adjusted and calibrated at the factory for peak performance after a short 1/2-1hr warm when they've reached operating temperature, even tubes, to say they sound better after hours and hours is a furphy.

Yes electrolytic capacitors like to be formed/polarized with a little time from new, this again is only a short time, and not every time it's turned on.

Cheers George