LCD TV, how does it affect your 2 channels

I just have one room for all the AV stuff, and I'm a 2 channels audiophile. Now I'm considering putting up a HT by putting up a LCD display in the center. I think having a glass surface will screw up the sound and especially the imaging. Do you know how serious the impact is?

Thx in adv!

(project would be ideal but it's too costly for casual TV watching)
kschiu
Cover it with an acoustically absorbent material when it is not being viewed.

Kal
I have the exact same situation. 60" LCD, look at my listed system. It has changed a bit since the picture , but the LCD is still in the middle.
You are right it does screw up the depth. I have done everything possible to work around it, but I know it is a problem.
However, I love watching sports while listening to music so everything will stay as is regardless.

Perhaps one day I will get a projector with a screen.
If you can make sure that you speakers are out in front of the TV screen, (and well out in front, like two or three feet), and it won't eliminate the impact, mind you, but it does minimize it.

Kal's advice is correct about using an absorbent material (a nice throw blanket kept in the room works nicely), to cover the screen.

I too have a 58" plasma TV between my speakers, (and it is going to stay there). When I replaced my old RPTB with the aforementioned 58" TB, and I increased the distance between the planes of the TV screen and the face the speakers from 1 foot to 3 feet, it really opened up the soundstage and increased the depth.

Good Luck!