How good's your hearing

Bet you can' beat my grandma's hearing, even she says "Class-D sucks".
http://krisdedecker.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/05/bat_phones.jpg

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Did it ever occur to you people that some people, myself included, do not like the sound of Class D?   There is no need for me to give my reasons, I just don't like it and many others feel the same way.
Did it ever occur to you people that some people, myself included, do not like the sound of Class D?
You and so many others, this happens more so than than with any of the other amplifier topology comparison, class-A v A/B, SS v Tube, SET v PP. Triode v Untralinear ect ect, these have never had such a huge difference of opinion.

Class-D has the most detractors, and many of these have tried a few different Class-D amps, and in the end gone back to linear amps tube or s/s, because the "music" was more important than the: size, cost, weight, heat, cost to run.

Those that don’t that can’t hear it and think it’s fine, good for them.

But they ignore the finding of all the ones that do.
https://wonderopolis.org/wp-content/uploads//2015/03/1425_3.jpg

Cheers George
Class-D has the most detractors

BS.  References please.  Tube amps often reek.  Class A-B too.  Way more bad ones out there than Class D I suspect.
Take the high frequency test
I heard 18kHz, in fact at the ENT and audiologist's office I heard 19k. I was told I have the hearing of an 18 year old, btw I'm 60.

I have hyperacusis, which means I'm so sensitive to high frequencies that they can cause head pain.
  That's why I need a HiFi rig to produce the true tone of an instrument with no distortion at the top-end. The trend to tip-up the highs on speaker designs and digital remasters makes it nearly impossible for me to listen to a bright system or many early digital recordings.
  Attending live classical performances has not been a problem for me since higher register instruments are producing their natural timbre with an unlimited ceiling.

This is why I agree with @georgehifi that a speaker needs to be designed to 20k and above. This allows accurate reproduction of the fundamental high frequencies plus the harmonics/overtones.