Why so many used focals?

I look on the forums to read and learn about owners reactions about focals and compared to many brands there's little action which would make me think it's a small company... til I search on AG for used focal speakers and pages of used speakers come up! Are they the type of speakers that offer a clear upgrade path OR are they short term speakers that wow the listener early and fatigue in the long term?

I couldn't be in the same room with focal's from the 90's, but the recent speakers have been very pleasing to the ear in auditions. Experienced reply's would be appreciated and please no hating on the brand. Tks
128x128steve59
How many used speakers mean absolutely nothing whats the difference.?
I agree! There are a bunch of Wilson’s for sale as well, and it means nothing. I was turned on to Focal by a friend of mine who is a composer with very good ears and someone I trust immensely. Based on his recommendation, I purchased the Electra 1028Be’s and recently upgraded to the Sopra 2’s and couldn’t be happier. With the closeout prices, the Electra’s are a really good value now.
Just enjoying new aria 936’s. I audition a fair no of speakers in the price range and several quite a bit more. The Focals have, IMO, the most balanced and uncolored sound anywhere near their price point. They are very sensitive to good amplification, though, maybe that’s where the criticism comes from.  
Pretty too.  Though I’d stay away from the vinyl  clad ones. 

That’s because they are horrible speakers.

Their company moto should be, “where’s the gas’s.”
Being a obvious troll is horrible. If you don’t like the sound that’s fine but a company that’s been around for over 40 years, designs and manufactures all of the cabinets and drivers in there own factory in France and have plenty of positive reviews from people and trade reviews is not a horrible speaker.

There’s a lot of companies I’m not a fan of but I wouldn’t call then horrible. The companies I’m not a fan of are ones that are small making speakers out of their garage with off the shelf drivers bought from Parts express.

You never know how long they will be around and what if any testing equipment they have.

If you wanted to be helpful say what model you listened to and why or what you didn't like about it.