Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
I think the problem with asking about the "best value" is that it is almost always the least expensive items in the range. The law of diminishing returns seems to still be in effect.

Unless you start counting in absolute money "savings" then a high price item that sounds like even higher priced items will be "worth" the most money. Then you run into the problem that most of us have not spent very much time with a variety of +20k components and therefore have a hard time telling with certainty when a 10k component is as good.

Reviewers are probably the ones with the best suited experiences to do this but since many don't trust paid reviewers that doesn't help. If you don't mind the reviewers you can just read magazines year-end issues and see which component they did think were "punching above their weight" during the last year.

After saying all this, just for fun, I would say that the Boenicke W5 impressed me during the few minutes I heard them. About $5k.

http://boenicke-audio.ch/w5_c/
Personally I love the older (Joachim Gerhardt era) Audio Physic. The Avanti III’s are amongst the finest I’ve ever heard.
Audio is based on properties. You only have to use your common sense. We are not talking about any kind of rocket science. We care talking about facts.

If you cannot handle the truth that trial and error has no real foundation, the results will always limit your endresults. Again it can be proven by facts and sound.

The remarks are again focused on brands and me personal. It proofs that people still don’t understand audio. You need to understand sound and music first. Like you need to understand all the aspects which influences both sound and stage.

When you cannot accept this, you are the one who limits himself. There is no discussion possible. You need to learn to spend less focus on brands and produts. And focus more on sound and music in general.

This will give you more insight in how audio works and why things sound as they sound.

Why is it so difficult to focus more on sound and music?

"Reviewers are probably the ones with the best suited experiences to do this but since many don’t trust paid reviewers that doesn’t help.

Most reviews are paid, welcome in the world of audio. We talked a lot with many different manufacturers in the last 2 years. The facts proof that they often focus on their products. And that they have little insight and knowledge regarding other audio products.

When we talk about the acoustics, smog, highfrequent noise and magnetism they know even less. Sound is very complex, and that is why you need to understand all aspects.