Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
singintheblues
Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?

The only Class-D's so far that to use the more advanced GaN semiconductors for superior dead time and higher switching frequency that will give better sound. 
Are the Technics SE-R1 and the other is in your list, the Merrill Audio Element 118 monoblocks.
It won't be long for this technology to filter down to more affordable Class-D amps so be patient.

Cheers George  
Your answer begins and ends with Digital Amplifier Company. 
https://www.cherryamp.com/

His design is fully proprietary, & refined forever. It's not Ncore, it's not Ice, or B&O or whatever.

He only sells direct, which is why you don't hear much about them apparently. I myself own the 'classic cherry.' Bought earlier in '18. Best amp I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch. 

Check out SPEC of Japan. I absolutely love my SPEC RSA-717EX. Beautiful tone. There are a handful of dealers in the US, I got mine from Pitch Perfect Audio.

SPEC makes a few different models but the house sound is the same. Jeff Day nails the sound in his review:
https://positive-feedback.com/Issue78/spec_realsound.htm

Jeff compares/contrasts the SPEC to a Leben CS600 and as an owner of the CS300 I can say his comparison is spot on.

The people who say "oh, class D, been there, done that" haven’t heard everything.
Thanks guys!

I should have said I’m in UK.   Looks like that Cherryamp are US only.

Certainly add SPEC to my list to check out.

From the ClassD I’ve heard, I’m already satisfied they’re at least as good as Class A - A/B costing double the price, but obviously interested in further improvement.
So I’ll be looking into this GaN situation.   

Thanks
For the past two months I've been enjoying PS Audio's Stellar M700 monoblocks and these are the best sounding amps I've ever had in my system. My audio buds agree. With return and trade-in offers you can't go wrong by at least trying them out.