Verity Audio midrange drivers?

In my search for new speakers, I auditioned the Verity Audio Finn at a local dealer. They were very musically absorbing, and may have nudged ahead of the B&W 803d on my short-list.

Going up the Verity Audio food chain are the Rienzi and then the Leonore, which I cannot audition locally.

My question is how do the quality of the midrange drivers compare between the Finn, Rienzi, and Leonore? Which of these speakers use the best midrange driver(s)?

Or put another way, if the midrange is important to you, which of these speakers stand out?

Regards,

Mark
toronto416
Hi Argyro,

I totally agree with you, there are TONS of overpriced products around there, and a lot of them not even good!

I hear what you're saying about the ATA cases. I'm sure they're good. But a well-designed (I insist on that) cardboard box, with proper decoupling, preformed foam, etc... will be as efficient and cheaper (if only because it weighs less). It's all about shock absorbtion and breaking the transmission of energy in case of impact.

But another idea then, it'd be great if Verity offered the flight cases as an option... Maybe it would put the Parsifals within reach. :)

I'm pretty sure not using flight cases, between the cost of the cases themselves and the lower shipping weight, would shave something like $2000 off the price.

JB
As I said, my advice came from someone whom I respect, but my opinion is based on his advice. It sounds as if Michael has heard the Rienzi, so I would follow his advice. I am sure you will be happy with them. Verity does not make a bad speaker, that's for sure. Although, if you go used, I cannot think of a better speaker for $5900-$6500 than Parsifal Encores.
I agree! I'd also prefer a used, but in good condition, Parsifal encore!! Awesome speaker that you can listen for hours!;)
After much listening, research, thought and discussion, I am able to consider the Verity Audio Parsifal Ovation powered by a Luxman integrated amp (either the 590Aii or the 509u).

After hearing the Parsfals I knew that anything else would seem (to me) like a compromise. The music came alive and took my breath away, and they were powered with only 20 wpc (though pure class A, Luxman integrated).

All that is left is to choose between the two Luxman integrateds (590Aii or 590u) and a cdp, either a Luxman D-06 or an Esoteric X-05.

Almost there...

Mark

If you'd like to compromise further, this is coming:
Amadis ... sorry for the tease.

Luxman makes nice amps. The Lamm M1.2 is another one.