Well... guess I have to jump in the rabbit hole of speaker cables... lol

I just bought a pair of 10 T’s and am having a raspy edge on the high end. I contacted Mr. Kelly at Aeriel Acoustics and I sent the tweets to them for an evaluation...  tweets are in good shape! I have replaced everything in the system except the spk cables... I bought BJ cables the 10 ga. Belden etc. I have a dear friend in the high end audio business and is sending me a higher end pair of cables. Not sure what they are going to be but he is excited for me to try them....

Are the Belden really that bad? Can they be the cause of the raspy bad guys?

I am really looking forward to this... not so much for my wallet... she is scared. 

Looking forward to the great experience here on the GON...
128x128captbeaver

+1.

Where are your speakers pointing?  Try orienting them straight ahead, so when you're in the sweet spot you're somewhat off access.

Is there a lot of glass in your room?

There are a lot of variables here.  Best case you can ameliorate for free, less-than-best some inexpensive room treatment (GIK).

dweller
Does this happen on all music? The other night, I was playing A "Living Stereo" SACD and there was so much junk coming out I thought "damn, I must have blown a tweeter". Not the case. The "junk" was in the recording!

>>>>Geez, where’s Dolby when you need it? 😳
I have changed the pre with a cool tube “chifi” pre... replaced all tubes with solid tubes ( I’m a guitarist and use only tube amps, so I know the process... same. And to be honest, with the tube upgrade it sounds very very good.
xlr and rca switched... same

I REALLY hope it’s not the Mac pre. I have always wanted one and finally got the money to get it... I would be bummed.

I’m really hoping the A21 will do the trick. Mr Kelly thinks they will be a great match. 

This two channel thing is getting complicated... lol

When I was rocking the Crown pre and DC 300 with the L 100’s life was so simple. Lol

I had Martin Logans before the 10 T’s and had nothing but problems with their reliability. Went to the 10 T’s and really want to get it right and enjoy listining again. 

I am looking forward to the surprise cables coming.

Thanks to all who take the time to help me. It’s a frustrating period...

What are the ic’s ? Bad cables will definitely deter achieving great sound. First reflection surface quite important too. That said if the sound is raspy/sibilant listening right in front of the speaker you will have to consider the speaker. Is it a metal dome of some type? 
I doubt it’s the Mac preamp.  One thing McIntosh is not is raspy.  Look elsewhere within the system.