Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Humans have a different taste in music. But......our emotion works almost the same way regarding music and sound. And no....you cannot fool your emotion.

The reason why many people are not satisfied with their system is based on their emotion. When you listen to your system and it lacks involvement. Your emotion tells you that it does not get stimulated enough by your system.

Most people (and even I believed in it untill 2016 based on assumptions) believe that audio and sound is a matter of personal taste. Tru-Fi proofs (we will make videos of the people who own a Tru-Fi system who now understand that trial and error cannot create a more emotional and personal system) that sound is not based on personal taste.

Tru-Fi proofs that each single human being prefers any audiosystem what can reveal all the aspects/properties of sound over any incomplete trial and error system. I understand that this is difficult to comprehend. When you listen to a Tru-Fi system you will understand it. We see that all new clients now believe that sound is not based on personal taste.

Almost no human being will prefer an incomplete audio system over any system what can reveal all the different aspects/properties of sound. Because this is how your and my emotion works.

Tru-Fi will change your thoughts about audio. We see it by all new clients. Tru-Fi will create a new truth!

That is why Hi-res does not garantee you anything. There are also many poor DSD and MQA recordings as well.
You can get the best version with the highest DR if you feed the Artist and Album name, in to this, and 8 x out of 10 it’s the earlier releases that have the highest constant DR.
Click on the one with the highest DR, get the cat no. and go buy the cd for $2 s/h on ebay, forget the re-mastered or downloaded that’s always a flip of the coin if it’s compressed of not.

This Supertramp is not typical, but gives you an idea, what version to look for.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Supertramp&album=Crime+of+the+century

Cheers George
An audiosystem cannot create emotion by it self. The emotion is inside the music. That is why you need an audiossystem what can reveal all the details and aspects/properties of the recording. This has nothing to do  with a personal taste. But is 100% based on facts.

All the different aspects of sound can influence our emotion. And again we are talking about facts. So you need all the aspects/properties of the music to experience all the emotion the music possesses. There is no other way to feel all the emotion of the music.
Dear Geoff,

I really like all your comments. Nice to see there are more people who understand it.
I have just tesyed my cd copies of dave brubeck qiartet "take 5" (columbia) and "what's new" (telarc), and "late night bruneck" (telarc) against spotify and tidal.
Results are always consistent.... Cd is either clearly better, or auguably better.
Always clearly better than tidal who pretends hifi, and arguably better (sometimes just not) than spotify who pretends mp3, which i despise.
I just got a deal with tidal, basically 3 months for free, and i am floored by how inconsistent the service is compared to spotify.  With spotify, you know what you 're paying for and you end up surprised sometimes.
With tidal, you don't get what you are paying for, and sometimes, you feel it is worth something.
In other words, spotify delivers on the promise 100% of the time and more, wheras tidal sporadically does... A little bit like buying CDs before you can listen to them somehow.