Magico A3

Finally a set of Magicos that seem worth the price (to me):

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/12/new-magico-a3-speakers-photos-and-info.html

I'd love to hear these.
nitewulf
Can anyone comment further on the bass performance of this speaker?  Also, my dealer in Atlanta can't seem to get his hands on them.  I guess they're seriously backordered with no shipping date given by Magico(?)

They are very backordered. Bass performance is excellent and what you would expect from a Magico design, but the smaller bass drivers means less total displacement versus an S3 MkII for example.

After hearing them, I stopped caring about integrating them with a subwoofer. In my experience, other speakers that advertise similar degrees of low frequency extension would often still clearly benefit from a subwoofer during typical music playback.

I can't contribute the experience of an A3 owner.  But FWIW from my own audition of the A3 in a dealer's home (purportedly a room that allowed for smooth bass response):  I found the A3 bass to be very deep and not wanting for a subwoofer.  But I also found it a bit bloomy at the very bottom and, though I often sort of dislike the term "pace," it did seem to be a bit lackadaisical in the punch/pace department.  Not a terribly toe-tapping sound vs what I am used to at home (Thiel) and from some other speakers I auditioned.

But...hey...that's just one single long audition.
The A3 low bass is incredibly linear and deep, a big improvement over anything else I audition under 20K. Plenty of toe-tapping in my living room ;)
You just need to pair them right, it does take a system to make it all work.