What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
Richdirector,
+1 for  Devandra Banhart. I love the simple song structure he exhibits in much of his music, as well as his wit. Same for Will Oldham but his style is completely different. 

three easy payments, You're welcome. mono is one of those bands that kind of grows on you. Didn't like them much the first time I heard them but pull them out of the collection for a listen often now. 
Richard Thompson- easily one of the best 5 guitarists alive and a great songwriter everybody good covers him!
Jerry Lawson and the Persuasions- one of the great voices of our lifetime.
Iris Dement- the real deal in country, think of Tammy or Loretta earlier in their careers.
I concur on Dave Edmunds.  
Albert Lee- guitarist extradonaire!
Kim Simmonds of Savoy Brown!
n80,

THANK YOU!!   I was beginning to feel like the Lone Ranger. If I had posted that 10 to 15 years ago I would’ve had 12 responses with hysterical MP quotes. Today, you’re my only saving grace.  

“Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.  Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries,,”
PS. For female vocals check out:

1,  Judith Owen
2.  Jackie Allen

For male vocals:

1.  David Wilcox 
2.  Marc Cohn
3.  Keller Williams 

ff you like jazz trumpeters,  check out:

Till Bronner (Love this guy - he cando it all, straight ahead jazz or bebop, blue-eyed soul, Brazilian, even movie soundtracks) check out his work with Take 6 and Al Jarreau here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=poahi8f_r_c

For just plain fun,check out:

Eddie From Ohio
Listen to Qui!  Post-punk art jazz nosie in the best of grooves.  Having recorded albums with David Yow (Scratch Acid & Jesus Lizard) and Trevor Dunn (bass man for the Bangles) and the Melvins producing and playing too they have some of the best vinyl out there.  There stuff will put any stereo to the test and drag the best out of them.  Recent cover of Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band's 'You Treat Me Like An Ashtry Heart' got great reviews from the Beefheart web master and all 'beefies' who have heard it.  You can find them live in and around California most of the time and in Europe the rest of the time.  Try SNUH or Qui with Trevor Dunn and see what she can do!!!