PC+Dac or Streamer

As the CD sales is going down at my surrounding and no new albums on CD, planning to go streaming...Now the question is whether  quality of sound will be better on PC plus DAC or Streamer, I read in Linn's website that Streamer is better options but I see it is expensive, they are mentioning about convenience, controlling through phone or tablet, I am alright to walk to PC and select my paylist.
Would like to know if any gone through this road and selected which options, PC+Dac or Streamer
murgeshj
I’m going to answer this a bit differently than others.  With respect to SQ, my experience has been that a streamer is a vastly better solution than even a tricked out PC.  In reality, a streamer is a computer dedicated to that particular function with the extraneous demands and functions (which cause noise, timing errors, etc.) removed.  I have two experiences to back this up.  I replaced a dedicated, optimized Mac mini with an Aurender server and the sound quality was demonstrably better.  I also inserted a Bluesound node 2 into another system to replace a dedicated PC - same result, though it’s not as good as the Aurender.  Both are going into pretty nice DACs.  With respect to convenience...
When they work - all is well.  When they don’t (and here I have to complain about Bluesound), it can be maddening.  It’s easy to keep a PC up to date. But, sometimes updates there cause problems with the streamer.  And, sometimes, for inexplicable reasones, the Bluesound can’t find my library stored on the NAS.  The dance to keep it pointed to the right things has become more than irritating and tiresome.  It sounds great for streaming and for the library. At the moment, I can stream, but can’t access my library.  The setup can be challenging too.  So, convenience in my experience? No.  Sound quality -yes.
Thanks for inputs, for me CD playbook is been better when I tried to compare with notebook +Dac(Foobar).

Since I have PC would like to try with $2k worth and latter explore streaming 
Many excellent posts here.  I can just add that based on the last post the OP basically just needs a DAC and a music management program.  For 2K there are lots of great DAC choices and multiple threads here explored that.  I would get a DAC that is compatible with accepting inputs from your CD player (you might find your CDs sounding so much better that you don’t need to stream, btw).  I would use dbpoweramp for ripping CDs and Audirvana Plus for playback and adding Internet Radio, or perhaps Roon.
mgrif104– I used to have a lot of the same issues that you are having with Bluesound.  In my case they were largely fixed when I Ethernet Wired the house. Powerline Adapters and the Bluesound WiFi were both problematic.  Have you tried contacting Bluesound tech support?  The other trick that always works is powering down your router, NAS, and Bluesound and then restarting them simultaneously.
I have never had a problem finding my library with my Node2i but it will dropout every so often. I use it wireless only, way to much trouble to get a wire to my living room. Since I have put the Node on it’s own 5g network ( also make sure you aren't sharing  your channel with others  in your area )and given it a static ip address I have had a lot less problems with it doing that. If your bluesound device is wired you might try going into the router and doing the static ip address. To the OP I agree with the others who say find a good DAC in your price range and start there.
I have yet to have any issues with my BlueSound Node 2 either losing my library or dropping out on music, but I've only had it a couple of months. 

I have a strong wireless router and a wireless access point set up in my rack with a 4 port Ethernet hub that I have my Oppo UDP-203, AVP, BlueSound, and Roku connected to.  No issues with any of those devices streaming over wireless, even with Netflix 4K content.  I basically did the same thing in my bedroom and home office. 

WAPs are pretty inexpensive and easy to set up and Ethernet switches are cheap.