PC+Dac or Streamer

As the CD sales is going down at my surrounding and no new albums on CD, planning to go streaming...Now the question is whether  quality of sound will be better on PC plus DAC or Streamer, I read in Linn's website that Streamer is better options but I see it is expensive, they are mentioning about convenience, controlling through phone or tablet, I am alright to walk to PC and select my paylist.
Would like to know if any gone through this road and selected which options, PC+Dac or Streamer
murgeshj

Showing 1 response by mahler123

Many excellent posts here.  I can just add that based on the last post the OP basically just needs a DAC and a music management program.  For 2K there are lots of great DAC choices and multiple threads here explored that.  I would get a DAC that is compatible with accepting inputs from your CD player (you might find your CDs sounding so much better that you don’t need to stream, btw).  I would use dbpoweramp for ripping CDs and Audirvana Plus for playback and adding Internet Radio, or perhaps Roon.
mgrif104– I used to have a lot of the same issues that you are having with Bluesound.  In my case they were largely fixed when I Ethernet Wired the house. Powerline Adapters and the Bluesound WiFi were both problematic.  Have you tried contacting Bluesound tech support?  The other trick that always works is powering down your router, NAS, and Bluesound and then restarting them simultaneously.