Elac Loudspeakers?

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? I'm looking at 208A, my only concern is the current since they drop down to 3ohms. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!
mr_elusive
I made some videos of my Elacs with my new YBA amp...here is a youtube link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMO6qwubRAo
Dayglow, just curious. How is your search going? Did you ever get a chance to listen to the 249s?
Kclone-This would be a near future but not an immediate purchase. Hope to visit the Toronto area before years end and listen to various Amphion-Elac-Focus Audio-Marten and Gershman Acoustic speakers.
oohh, that sounds like fun. That is a great lineup. The thing with Elac is they can change a lot depending on what else is in the system. The same can be said about a lot of speaker lines, but IMO with Elac, that effect is more so. Hopefully the dealer knows how to optimize the Elac's at with other gear in your price range. I would imagine your Valve Audio Pred. should be very good with everything.

I drove my Amphion with a Cayin KT-88 Integrated. Great sound, there was no reason to get rid of that setup other then I just like to try new things and see what happens.
I drive my Elac 247s with the Musical Fidelity AMS35i and find that the pure class A AMS perfectly matches the 247s--clean, airy highs and punchy bass with reasonable mids.. Upgrading to the 249BE cos the 249BE is just better than the 247 in every department.. Wider, deeper soundstage and more full body mids and vocals. Better dynamics and the sound is less forward, makes for better long hour listening.. I listen mainly to classical, operas and vocals..

I tried the beryllium tweeter speakers and found that they lack the airiness and transience of the jet III..