Focal Sopra 2

I just posted a review of the Focal Sopra 2 and my speaker journey.

A little sample.

"First listen and I was smiling. The same beautiful sound that I heard in the large showroom was present in my home! And I only had to turn the preamp volume half as high as I had to with the Bob Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. The sound quality was there from the lowest bass to the upper treble. Nothing stood out, or faltered, the sound just blended together as one cohesive sound that is so easy to listen to for hours and hours. Also, I think the speaker style is cool and the speakers finish is impeccable."

Full review below is in the Audiogon Member Review section.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/my-speaker-journey-and-focal-sopra-2

ozzy
128x128ozzy
I had heard the Utopia Grande (over $200k/pair) driven by the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps + Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp before and those were the best I've heard. They also had very high end flagship Naim 500 series streamer/DAC digital front end components with separate Naim 500 psu. Highly musical presentation. You could easily perceive the very subtle dynamic shifts in timbre. 
caphill,

I have never heard the Utopia line, but I would like to someday. They must be huge!

From what I have read, Focal actually makes the speaker drivers in house and is one of the largest speaker manufacturers in the world. 

ozzy
Greetings everyone.  Glad to find all these positive reviews on the Focal Sopra 2.  I definitely had that stupid grin on my face when I auditioned them.  I was impressed by the speed and detail of the sound without the any hint of harshness, which people often complaint about. I was told that the Sopra 3 were even better and the higher models up are in another class.  I liken them so much that I placed an order, for a pair of Utopias in gray.  
redphu72,

Wow! Congrats! They should sound awesome based on how well the Sophia 2’s sound! Any idea when you will be receiving them? I think they take a while to break in (most speakers do). I purchased mine used so they sounded right very quickly.

Keep me posted.
Merry Christmas!

ozzy
Ozzy

Funny thing I’m sort of like you in that I bought my first pair of Sonus Fabers based on reviews and now buying a different model than the one auditioned.  Also I’ll be using my stereo for surround sound duties. What Center speaker are you using. 

As the the Utopias, I should have listened to my dealer when he first suggested the Focals at the time of my Sonus Faber. I was afraid the focals might be too bright and fatiguing especially for surround sound duties. I was so surprised how when I listened to the Sopras big sound stage, coherent sound with details and SPEED that my guarneris were lacking. The Utopias should be here in the next week or so. Hopefully the break in period won’t be too painful. Any tips on setup?