Do 45 rpm 12" LPs really sound better than 33 rpm?

Increasingly, one can buy 12-inch 45 rpm LPs. Theoretically, they provide a wider dynamic and frequency range, but I come across a strange effect... Yes, the bass strings seem to be tightened stronger, but in general ... Imagine you have two cars with a power of 250 hp, but one is equipped with an honest atmospheric V6 or V8, and the second has 2 liters turbo. 

Tell me, is it just my impression? Or maybe I need to change the cartridge or settings (for example, impedance) of the phono preamp?

128x128mishan
I have Eva Cassidy's Nightbird on 33 and 45 rpm.. I did a comparison with 4 of my friends some time back.. all of us agreed the 45 rpm had more details and a bit more dynamic.. However 1 of my friend said he preferred the 33 rpm version .. as he felt it sounds more natural.. So all things being equal... most will prefer the 45 version .. but there will be some who prefer the 33 rpm version.
I’ve got about 100 of the 12" cut at 45 speed and a dozen or so of the single sided Classic Records 45 speed box sets. They pretty much all sound quite good and it would seem to my personal experience on my table/arm/cart to be more dynamic, detailed, and power of scale.
Some pressings from the era that many of them were originally cut and pressed make near mint copies almost non existent and the better condition ones are very, very pricey. Still a gamble on the records not being played properly by the original owner with a stack of quarters taped to the arm and what resembles a rusty nail for a stylus. Till its played to be graded, its just an old record . Even though I took advantage of the late 80’s purge everyone else was doing with vinyl and have many very good originals from the era, I am very appreciative that some are taking and making such great efforts to get the best tapes they can and pressing the best records they can with those tapes, now.
I think, generally, people fuss  too much , and never see the positives of a lot of things lately.... This site has a few guys who post nothing but negative topic views about anything it seems they cant get for nothing. (not a reference to the OP here either, the usual suspects know whom I refer to ).
I’d rather have vinyl pressed this decade and the next and with choices of which speed is a bonus, vs. no options for much of the older recordings while the tapes are still usable. Forced to digital renderings from the golden years of analog would be more to complain about, IMO.....
For what it is worth: I have a number of 12” - 45 RPM “Radio station promotional” disks provided to the stations to support introduction of a new release, along with many of the same recorded pressings in standard 33 RPM.  The 45’s were some of the first pressings of the new material.  Most of these have the exact same recording on both sides.  No question to my ears that the 45’s are superior:  more detail, more dynamic.  Aside from the hassle of a more rapid record change (single cut), IMHO they are much better.
@newf27 definitely, those 12 inch 45 rpm promotional singles from the golden era of analog are the best, made for radiostations and deejays, and you’re right that these are the first that comes from the stampers. In my opinion they are unbeatable by any 180g or even 200g reissues on the modern days.

I am a huge fan of Analogue Productions 200gram reissues. I have most of the Verve reissues remastered by George Marino and these are only available in 45rpm and are some of my favorites, they sound spectacular. But I also gave a decent number of their 33rpm 200gram reissues and when given the choice (like Pet Sounds or Time Out) that are available at both speeds I choose the 33rpm every time. They sound unbelievable and if the 45s are that much better it is hard for me to hear and I would rather not do all the flipping. I have the Son House and Muddy Waters Folk Singer in 33 and both are offered in 45 and I was fairly convinced I liked the 33s more.
That being said, the Mofi One Step of Bridge Over Troubled Water is 45 and I am not sure if that helps make it so incredibly good or if it the pressing and remastering that makes it so awesome? 
All being equal the 45 might be slightly better but I'll get up once per album rather than 3 times given the choice