What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
The Autumn Defense...a side band led by John Stirrat and Pat Sansone of Wilco, with drummer "G-Wiz" Greg Wieczorek also in Norah Jones' band and bassist James Haggerty. If you like Simon & Garfunkel, CSN and Big Star, check them out. I'd start with "Circles". Cheers,
Spencer
@Three_Easy_Payments:

The live acoustic CD is not available on the band's website. I found it when I looked up a live clip of "Ice" on YouTube. As far as I know, this is the only clip that was filmed from this show, which was in someone's basement with 50 people in attendance.

Scroll thru the comments and you'll see a web address to contact a guy named Markus to purchase the CD. Turns out he is the guy who mixed and mastered the CD. The double CD is only $20, including shipping. 
If music doesn’t come first, there’s simply no point in pursuing this so-called audiophile hobby. At least that’s my POV.

Music first, sound quality second. Always.
Jazz fans should take a listen to anything by Oded Tzur (available on youtube)
@Three_Easy_Payments

Check out a British band called I Am Kloot. They're a mixture of styles/genres (like Kikagaku Moyo), but with a heavy emphasis on lounge jazz. 

Their first two albums are the best ("Natural History" & "I Am Kloot"); but, there are gems to be had on their other releases too.