Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Yes you are correct. I have my speaker cables connected and they Are doing the highs and mids. I have an rca connected to my subs taking care of the low frequencies. Deqx set it up with the rca doing sub duties but I can have full range through just a speaker cable. 

My speakers are designed to go full range without an rca connection. They included an rca for home theatre and movies and having more options for Setup.

I am hoping the deqx can run p1 with no subs full range and then when I switch to p3 for movies it will include the subs for the bass section and the speaker cables for mids and highs,without having two sets of deqx configurations. 

What speakers and dacs are you running with your hdp5 and hdp3? Sounds like an active Setup to me. 
Yes you are correct. I have my speaker cables connected and they Are doing the highs and mids. I have an rca connected to my subs taking care of the low frequencies. Deqx set it up with the rca doing sub duties but I can have full range through just a speaker cable. 

My speakers are designed to go full range without an rca connection. They included an rca for home theatre and movies and having more options for Setup.

I am hoping the deqx can run p1 with no subs full range and then when I switch to p3 for movies it will include the subs for the bass section and the speaker cables for mids and highs,without having two sets of deqx configurations. 

What speakers and dacs are you running with your hdp5 and hdp3? Sounds like an active Setup to me. 
Yes, I have an active setup with 3-way Open Baffle speakers on the HDP-5 (4 x 15" bass, 2 x 8" mids, 2 x Ribbon tweeters) & two Subs (2 x12", 2 x 10") on the slave HDP-3. All running as a 5-way stereo setup, 12 drivers in total - crossovers, time & phase alignment handled by the DEQX processors.

Whatever you do with P1 & P3, you can have one configuration (assuming your calibration for the main speakers is full range) but disable the subs on P1. However, your comment about the speaker cables doing highs and mids & subs taking care of low frequencies suggests they may not be calibrated as full range so P1 would have no bass frequencies without the subs. Was your initial measurement of these speakers as full range with subs disabled?

If that’s the case then make sure that the speaker calibration you use for P1 is based on a full range speaker measurement, not just highs and mids.
Yes you're right they weren't calibrated as full range. It was only done for the mids and highs, and If I disconnect the subs I wont get any bass frequencies. Can the deqx be configured with full range for P1 (once we do this) and then for P3 using the subs as I am now on the fly? I assume that should be easy right? Or do we have to change Deqx profiles?

Nice setup btw. Wow, that bass must be out of this world.. I am thinking of getting the HDP5 to future proof myself in case I go active, instead of the premate. Plus the screen looks pretty cool 
Yes...

P1 - configure as ’single amp with stereo subwoofers’ & use a (new) full range measurement & calibration without subs. Disable the subs in this config

P3 - configure as ’single amp with stereo subwoofer’ & use the calibration you already have. Enable subs in this config.

In my setup, bass goes down to 16hz -2dB which I’m happy with. You mention the screen - funnily enough I have it disabled, too much of a distraction when I’m listening in a darkened room.

If you go active, try Open Baffle because the transients they can produce give sense of realism I haven’t even experienced with horn speakers. At very high volume, drums ARE drums & it’s almost impossible to hear the difference between a well recorded acoustic guitar & the real thing.

DEQX measurements indoors can produce great results but done properly outside, the results really are in a different league. It is worth the effort.