clearaudio turntables

Why the big price increases on the mid line?(dc performance, dc wood ,ovation). see the music direct catalog.
theoriginalthor1

Clearaudio tables are some of the most beautiful tables I have ever seen; they sure put my Rega to shame in that department, but there is a price that has to be paid for that beauty.

Rega puts every nickel into functionality; they give you your money's worth in audio. I'm not saying that Clearaudio doesn't give you what you pay for them, but what I am saying is that when you get beauty plus the highest quality audio, it's going to cost you more.

I don't look at my turntables, I only listen to them.
I don’t look at my Ovation. I listen to it, and it was worth every penny. No matter how much I upgrade the rest of the system, the Ovation just demonstrates over and over how it delivered at higher levels of performance all along. Now I have a Universal arm on the way to replace the Magnify I have now. I have no doubt it will be a jaw dropping improvement, regardless of how badass it looks.
@dwette
The Ovation is a wonderful table. It taps into the performance of the upper-range of the Clearaudio line, and is a sweet spot if you don't require multiple tonearms. Congrats on the arm upgrade to the Universal! I find mine to be an epic match with the Shelter Harmony - I bet that can take down some much more pricey combinations. Don't ever pair the Universal with a Koetsu stone body though, lol.
@mulveling 

I've had my Ovation for 6 years, and started off with a Clarify arm and Talisman V2 cartridge. Now I have the Magnify with a Concerto V2. After I get my Universal arm I will start setting money aside for a new cartridge. Since Clearaudio does "retip" credits I am thinking about a Stadivari V2 for it. I also recently added a HRS ADH 850gr clamp and the Clearaudio outer limit ring. I am also using some isoAcoustics feet for it. This sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see what the Universal brings.