Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jon - I know it's thin ice for a manufacturer to speak up. But I'm out of the game, so here goes. Over the years, our products were competitively evaluated by some big name as well as audiophile manufacturers. Their 'business formula' would assign a sell price of up to 10x our sell price, and then back out some 'extraneous costs', which is what they call giving the customer more than he knows. Point is that for the customer whose values are aligned with ours, Thiel prices are extremely slim.

Schubert, have a great time with your 3.6s. If they need help, Rob will help you. If you want to take them to the next performance level, we'll have an upgrade path for you. Welcome to the Thiel corner of the world. 
If they need help, Rob will help you. If you want to take them to the next performance level, we'll have an upgrade path for you.

IMNSHO, buying a nice pair of used Thiels might become the most-cost-effective way to get near SOTA sound. For starters, the stock versions are already excellent (as Tom noted), sonically competing with new models many times their price. Buying a used Thiel is not worrisome given the available service and parts from Coherent Source Service.

Tom Theil’s crossover upgrades should push sonic performance to the next tier. We’ll soon know. If that’s true, you can buy a nice used pair and upgrade the passive parts to get something that approaches SOTA sound. As a bonus, you have speakers that look really good in your listening room.  

As I am elderly and live in a condo I had to nix the deal when I found out they
weighed over 100 lbs !
Sounded great though .
Bert - the CS1 series weighs very little. The CS1.6 is on the upgrade list.