Speakers/receiver for classical music and opera on a budget

I apologize in advance.  You are all audiophiles and I'm only a beginner - and a poor one at that.  But I am desperate for some help.  Finding the right speakers and receiver, on a budget, for CLASSICAL music and OPERA is very, very hard.  I have a 13'x13' family room and $600.  I'd like to plug my computer, dvd player, tv, cd player and speakers into the receiver.  Please don't hate me for getting on here to ask for help.  You men/women are music gods and I need some miracle.  I'm obviously poor and don't know a thing. Right now I have Infinity Reference 2000-3 speakers and a Yamaha RX-395 receiver - if I plug my MacBook Air into that it really sounds bad.  I've been listening/watching opera via streaming/dvd on my computer with headphones.  A 3-hour opera with headphones is long.  Anyone care to help?
shaunac
Well, thank you. I didn't know until now that I am a music god.)I doubt if I have a miracle for you. I also like classical music and opera. I have listening to planar speakers (Apogee Duetta II's) for over 30 years. I happen to like the sound of planars. Apogee is out of business but you might find some used ones. Or, perhaps listen to some speakers made by Magnapan. These are also planars and are very nice with classical music. So what's wrong with your receiver?? I don't know but feel the other gods here can guide you. You may get a  lot of opinions about your questions, but that is they are: opinions. What matters is your ears. Happy listening...it is your ears and budget that will determine what you get.

If you truly need a receiver, the Outlaw RR2160 is pretty much the only game in town.

If you can get by with an integrated amp with multiple outputs, then there are more possibilities.

My advice: use that $600 to improve *one* of your components (either receiver OR speakers), and the start saving up again.  No point in dribbling it away with $300 each.  You should probably be looking at ELAC speakers.