Does anyone care to ask an amplifier designer a technical question? My door is open.

I closed the cable and fuse thread because the trolls were making a mess of things. I hope they dont find me here.

I design Tube and Solid State power amps and preamps for Music Reference. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, have trained my ears keenly to hear frequency response differences, distortion and pretty good at guessing SPL. Ive spent 40 years doing that as a tech, store owner, and designer.
Perhaps someone would like to ask a question about how one designs a successfull amplifier? What determines damping factor and what damping factor does besides damping the woofer. There is an entirely different, I feel better way to look at damping and call it Regulation , which is 1/damping.

I like to tell true stories of my experience with others in this industry.

I have started a school which you can visit at http://berkeleyhifischool.com/ There you can see some of my presentations.

On YouTube go to the Music Reference channel to see how to design and build your own tube linestage. The series has over 200,000 views. You have to hit the video tab to see all.

I am not here to advertise for MR. Soon I will be making and posting more videos on YouTube. I don’t make any money off the videos, I just want to share knowledge and I hope others will share knowledge. Asking a good question is actually a display of your knowledge because you know enough to formulate a decent question.

Starting in January I plan to make these videos and post them on the HiFi school site and hosted on a new YouTube channel belonging to the school.

128x128ramtubes
I should have mentioned this, Roger built a very accurate switch box that has a long cable with a button switch on the end. I could sit at the listening position and click the button at various intervals (3 - 5 seconds generally) so going from A>B>A again was very simple. It was also easy to see which amp was in play.
@ct0517 - thanks for the response. With the subs in place are you still running the Quads full range, the using the sub fior 60 Hz and under, or are the Quads completely cutoff at 60 Hz?
We abandoned switchers as they were always audible. So rather than A-B, we had C-D or C-C. We were pretty meticulous in keeping paths as identical and as clean as possible having only the relay contacts as the additional connector.
One thing we never did, but probably should have, is have a simulated load for the off item to maintain thermal characteristics more closely.

I'd be curious if trained listeners can reliably detect the sound of the switcher.
Actually, the talk of switchers raises another question I'd like to direct to Robert:

I have more than one amp I like to use for my system.  It's a minor pain to switch the cables, but it sure would be nice to have a switcher where I could switch between amplifiers to the main stereo speakers.  (So interconnects would lead from one output of my preamp to my main amplifiers, and out the other output to a second amp.  Depending on which amp I wanted to use I'd just flip a switch.

At one point I did a bit of research and saw some candidates, but for the most part they looked awfully cheap, which left me hesitant.

Would you say a fully transparent switcher of the type I'm describing could be built?