Technics SL-1200G Anti-Skating

I used a Feickert Universal Protractor to align my Ortofon Quintet Black cartridge.  Instructions are to set anti-skating to zero, but it never says to set anti-skating to Technics specifications, so I left it that way.  At record start, the stylus would too often stake a little before it set into a groove.  

I decided to set anti-skating as recommended by Technics and the stylus stopped staking at set down.  As far as I can tell, all other settings are fine - and the music sounds great.  

Any other 1200G users that leave anti-skating at zero.  If so, why?
128x128oldschool1948
No, I use the anti-skating but here’s the best way to set it, because, there is no accurate way of doing this and the skating force is dynamic and constantly changing. At the proper VTF, use a blank area on the run out that is not in the groove and set the stylus on that area with the platter turning. Adjust the anti-skating so that the arm moves inward ever so gradually while riding on a flat, non-grooved area. That will be optimal. Try it and you’ll see.
Thank you both!  The Sound Smith video was very informative.  I'm going to try this method later today.