Black Cat Silverstar BNC to BNC

@ wig

Are you still mesmerized by this digital cable or have you found something better?
garrard
@wig I believe your Boomslang is an excellent digital IC, you say the Siverstar Mk2 is much better?
I am burning in a BC Silverstar MKII. So far compared to my Empirical Audio Reference, it is more open, extended and Dynamic. Empirical is more veiled in the midrange. The BC still needs to settle down more. I believe 200-300 hours of play is needed, I only have about 75 hours.

@ garrard,

Yes, the Boomslang is very good indeed but in my system the Black Cat Silverstarr MK II is more open with better separation and refined layering. I primarily listen to acoustical instruments and this is where the BC SPDIF is in a league of its own; instruments are full bodied with a life-like resonant quality to them with notes being projected or swelling up toward the listener creating the atmosphere, decay and the reverb of the acoustical space.

@ aniwolfe

I also owned the Empirical Reference BNC and it was a decent SPDIF but no better than the Oyaide DR510 I was currently using. Your MK II will continue to get better as it settles into your system and at the asking price, it’s an outstanding cable.

Wig

I have just placed my order for the Silverstar 75 Mk2, apparently they are made to order.