DIY acoustic panels?

I took a look at gikacoustics.com and thought the sound absorption panels were actually pretty good and reasonably priced, but I am interested in making my own to better match my room.

Does anyone know what type of cloth is good for sound absorption, hopefully something that is readily available at fabric stores?
bobk3
It’s not necessarily a compliment to say about a young woman she makes her own clothes.
Geoffy “Toiletbreath” The Fuse Troll has spoken. 
FWIW, I tried the DIY approach to making absorption panels and then I  tried GIK's products. Considering the time expended and cost of purchasing quality materials to make DIY panels of equal quality to GIK's, I can't imagine why anyone would bother unless you just enjoy experimenting to occupy your time. Their products have an outstanding price/benefit ratio. They will also give you guidance on the best products for your project. 

You asked if the expanse of television glass affects your audio quality. Yes, big time. Getting rid of the tv between my speakers was one of the best things I ever did. Unfortunately, many of us have to compromise and combine AV and audio in one location. In my past experience, acoustic panels in front of the tv help some but don't entirely ameliorate the bad effects of the tv. 
Look up ATS Acoustics, Piper City Illinois. I built several panels using their products. Have a good website.  
As a follow-up to my last post. I purchased from ATS: 1 box Rouxul Rockwood 60 panels 2", and Burlap fabric. I purchased 1 x 3" pine boards and hardware to make frames. I built 6 panels for the price of 2 pre made by ATS ($114).