What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
Hey Douglas. I appreciate your commentals and I apologize if i sound like i am rejecting ideas that i may have not tried. You are right about that. 

That said, eq’ing with wire type is crazy as far as cost and lack of real data. You gotta give me that. 

But i hear ya. Yoi may as well be correct, but for me id probably start woth buying the correct components for the sound i seek, ie speakers and amp, than maybe a little eq for correction and only than, if i win the lottery, id bring home 20k worth of wire for a db or two here and there. But thats me and im not saying its the best way. Its my way. 
Awaiting shipping of the little schiit(duh?) eq. If that dint do it bye bye speakers. Move on. 

This past Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, our room was right next to the Schiit room. I was hoping to make a trade, a pair of my speakers for one of their amps. Of course the pivotal question was, are my speakers worth a Schiit??

Seriously, I think going for EQ is an excellent idea. 

Duke

Yes, a little bit of EQ goes a long way, Im also considering Bi Amping the speakers. If i gain control over the tweeter and the woofer separately I can balance them a little warmer, since these speakers ARE remarkable as far as fidelity and space and air and detail, its just that i need some more chest/belly to feel happy.

You need good bass  and midbass response just from one 6.5 " driver??
You have to look bigger size at least 10" or two 8" at least . 
My ATC 25ASL Pro at my recording studio have a 7" Woofer with low mid and bass to die for- HUGE... And they are reference speakers- not some Hyped up Cheapos (probably the most proven and used in the industry)... So i must conclude Its the voicing not the size.
You may be talking about Subs.. for that you need a bigger driver for sure.