Advice Needed: Bluesound Node vs Vault

I'd like to ask for some advice/feedback for anyone knowledgeable about the Bluesound Node and Vault. I'm trying to decide between the two and I can't understand why the Vault costs what it does. From my point of view (please correct me), you pay $700 more for the Vault to get a CD ripper and a 2TB hard drive (which costs $65 on Amazon), and LOSE wifi support. I get that it can be more convenient to stick CDs into the Vault to rip them, but outside of that why would I (or anyone) not just buy the Node and rip my CDs using my computer? There are pretty simple ways using software to get a bit perfect rip using a computer. If the Vault was $200 more I could see it, but I'm totally lost why that product has a $700 markup over a Node. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
jnehma1
The Bluesound ripper generally does good rips, superior to iTunes, perhaps a notch below dbpoweramp.  I’ve used all 3 of these extensively.  Still, if you are comfortable doing your own ripping, a program like dbpoweramp costs under a hundred, still cheaper to add then the ripping part of the Vault2 
I was going to get the Node 2i and stopped by my dealer to buy one.  We went through the specs between the Node 2 and 2i and there wasn't anything new in the 2i that mattered to me and he had a couple of the Node 2s coming in from a trade in.  I was able to pick one up for $200. 

If you're going to use the analog outputs, the sound quality is purportedly better on the 2i and it has Airplay 2 (which I don't have any use for).  I am running my Node 2 to an external DAC, so the "better" analog output sound quality didn't matter.  If you plan to use an external DAC and don't care about Airplay 2 you might be able to get a good deal on a Node 2.
Keep in mind when getting a Node 2, as I have mentioned in a previous response to this post, the name for artwork in each folder with music is Cover.jpg. This is the default for Bluesound now.
https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/200271926-Why-is-some-of-my-Album-Cover-Art-shown-a...
If you have 300 albums of music, each with it’s own folder the embedded artwork or separate artwork file must be Cover.jpg.
If the OP hasn't made his/her purchase yet, they may want to consider this: https://www.bluesound.com/products/vault-2/Yes it's recertified as opposed to new, but it's much closer to the price of a Node, and has the Vault's ease of ripping.
I have the Node 2i. I already had my CD's ripped by dbpoweramp to WAV and placed on my NAS. The Node2i had no problem finding the drive and adding my library. It's almost impossible to run a wire in my house unless I run it outside so I run everything wireless, never had a glitch or problem with playback. I guess it depends what you are comfortable with.