Hendrix 50th Anniversary Electric Ladyland Box Release

Looking forward to release tomorrow. In my humble opinion one of the greatest albums ever. Imagine hearing this album when it was released, Compositionally and technically from another time and place, truly ground breaking. Thanks Jimi!!!!!!!
toneranger58
Jimi Hendrix + Stratocaster/Marshall + Lysergic Acid = GENIUS! We will always miss you, Jimi!
I too heard it when it came out, as I did when Are You Experienced? and Axis: Bold As Love were released. Along with Cheap Thrills, Sgt Pepper/MMT/White Album, Bookends, Surrealistic Pillow/Crown Of Creation and Disraeli Gears/Wheels Of Fire, these all changed my life for the better. The ’67-’68 era was a major catalyst for muscial creativity. Finally, music could be dark once again and have depth.

I not only listened every day to Are You Experienced and Axis: Bold As Love, Fresh Cream and Disraeli Gears, and Surrealistic Pillow and After Bathing At Baxter’s (the latter playing as the ascent of my last "flight" was occurring ;-) at the time of their releases, but saw and heard Hendrix, Cream, and The Airplane each a couple of times in 1967 and ’68. I also saw Big Brother once, but didn’t own any of their albums (didn’t care for they or them).

Those bands and albums got all the attention (and sales), but there was a much richer vein of music being mined deep underground at the time, as I was to discover shortly thereafter (beginning in mid-1969).

1967 this album came out - think of it!  Only 22 years after the end of WW2.  Yes, it is a masterpiece but this album for me was 50 years ahead of its time.  

I'm just hoping that it will be reasonably priced.  So much of this stuff is geared towards affluent boomers. Ugh...
The Hendrix Family reissues on CD and cassette are all terrific. That’s been what, twenty years ago?