JVC tt-101 repair

Got a JVC QL-10 with a 120V TT-101. Speed is wonky. Sometimes plays fine, sometimes spins a 1000 RPM, somtimes runs forward & then backward. Could use some help.
128x128gary7
Finally got a 7045 arm. Had to make an arm board as the original was drilled for the Kenwood arm at 220mm, the 7045 is at 230mm, spindle to pivot. I have been keeping an eye on ebay. Finally someone dropped a QL-10 for parts. Got the base with the arm board drilled for a 7045 & all feet, as mine was missing one original foot. I had to fabricate one. Will be here Tuesday. Made me happy. Only I wish I had dropped for the TT-101 he had,too. Had same issues mine had, but was 120V & that is rare.
Congrats, nice tonearm
Upgraded mine to UA-7082 (long version) with sub weight. 

TT-101/QL-10 user here as well, nice read.

My unit has been recapped by the prior owner, but I also experience some speed issues (fast, etc) when the unit is cold in the wintertime.   Zero issues in summer, and only seen in winter if the man cave is 60ish deg F.  Once I fire up the heat for a bit issues are gone, runs perfect.    I may need to look at the solder rings at some point but for now, not worth tearing it apart.   They are wonderful sounding TT's.

Upgraded mine to UA-7082 (long version) with sub weight.

So if you had the 7045 before, how is the 7082 in comparison?  It's a bit of a heavy arm isn't it?

I’ve been using 3 Victor UA-7045 in the past with MM cartridges like Grace F-14, Victor X-1II, Audio-Technica AT20SLa, AT-ML170 and AT-ML180 mainly.

I think it’s time to try UA-7082, now i have even additional sub weight for heavier vintage MC carts (Victor MC-1 for example). This arm has slightly higher effective mass, but i don’t care. When i checked this arm with Sony XL-50 MM cartridge on Sony Headshell i was blown away by the quality. So the UA-7082 has replaced not only my UA-7045, but also Luxman TA-1 lightweight arm. Another reason is just desing of the long arms which i like a lot (and i have room for it on my PD-444 turntable, so why not? :).

I will always recommend Victor 7045/7082 tonearms for its amazing value and absolutely top quality, superb engineering. Practically they are great too! 7082 is more expensive.