Power Conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 5000 or Shunyata Denali 6000S

I’ve been trying to decide which of these two power conditioners might make a better purchase. Do any of you own either, have chosen one over the other, or better yet, gotten to A/B them? I’ve found some, but not a lot, of information online comparing the two. So I thought I’d ask if any of you might know something more.

They both come in at $4000 retail which is my budgetary limit. The Niagara is active, the Denali passive. Some threads compare the Denal a little less favorably to the twice as expensive Audioquest Niagara 7000, for what that’s worth. I heard that the Audioquest Niagara 5000 may hum or buzz under some cirumstances. Anybody have that issue? I’ll probably never get a chance to demo them out here in the hinterlands so I’m hanging on your every word before I drop another wad of cash on one or the other.

There is also an Audio Magic conditioner at the same $4000 price point, but I didn’t quite understand it’s function in comparison to the other two. I’ll have to reread that product description.Someone else recommended a Richard Gray model that confusingly turned out to be a giant-sized surge protector.

Anyway I’d appreciate if any of you have any input on this somewhat obscure topic of power conditioners. I’m looking at one of these two power conditioners as opposed to a regenerator, or pure isolation transformer, or other type of line conditioner. If it’s of any import my equipment is a VPI Classic 2 SE turntable with an Ortofon 2M Black moving magnet cartridge, a Marantz SA8005 CD player, a Luxman 507uX Mark II integrated amp, and Magico A3 speakers all to be on a dedicated line and plugged into the conditioner. I am not interested in purchasing used.

Thanks for any input or advice. I hope someone out there knows something about these two.

Mike
skyscraper
Mike you should definitely talk to @audiotroy about an Isotek EVO3 Sigmas + Synchro combo.
Is it likely that you can consider Synergistic Research products?
They now make power conditioners in many price ranges.
Check out the reviews and audiogon threads on Powercell UEF12?
If you need surge/spike protection, check out the High Fidelity Cables MC-05 and MC-1 Pro.
Sgordon, I'll look into the Powercell UEF12. I hadn't heard of that model before.

Twoleftears, I'll look up the Isotek Evo Sigmas and Synchros combo as well, and will consider contacting audiotroy if they look interesting and in my price range.

Slaw4, and I'll look into your suggestions too. I didn't know cables could provide surge protection. 

Thanks all,

Mike
Take your time doing your research.  I have looked at all of the above units.  Each is a great product.  Once you have one, you know it!