Reel to Reel Tape

I have an analogue setup. Although I have a CD player in the system. But everything else is an analogue. I am listening to Reel to Reel tape decks, I have a few of them, and I also have DBX 224X-DS attached. Does anyone else have similar setup? I find the DBX to be quite awesome. What's your opinion?
almandog
well that’s what you like to think that just can’t happens no matter what because the LP signal must be " proccessed "/pass through something to your R2R and that pass though something only can degrades the LP signal. or explain why is not signal degradation is this is what you think. Maybe I'm missing something or it needs a wider explanation from your part.
The reason this can happen is if the audio is down when the recording is made and so there is no vibration affecting the turntable. The better the turntable isolation, the less this phenomena can occur.
Dear @orpheus10: Please let me know how you make the transfer of the LP recorded signal to your R2R machine. Thank's in advance.

R.
@orpheus10 : I think that at least the LP information pass trhough a IC cable to that R2R, is that pass trough " something " is that IC cable and no matter what that signal is degraded and you, me or any one can't listen any improvement of quality sound in the R2R  reproduction. This is a fact and additional to it I already pointed out all the R2R disadvantages about quality.

R.

"Logic ain't worth a squat in high end audio"; and flawed logic ain't even worth that.

In regard to recording: my TT and reel are in the basement on a concrete floor; records are recorded to reel, (2 track 7 1/2, 15 is for live) and this is transported upstairs to the listening room where it is played back.

Raul, when the signal from a TT goes through a top of the line ARC phono, is it degraded?

When a line signal goes through a CAT preamp, is it degraded?

As I stated previously, all electrolytic capacitors have been replaced with "Black Gates"; these were the best and most expensive capacitors that are no longer available. All of the transistors have been replaced with new ones from Panasonic.

Raul, your tape disadvantages are fictitious: not that what you printed was false, but those are very good specifications.

In RE to recording: the line level signal goes to tape in, through RR circuitry and on to the recording head, that imprints a magnetic signal on tape. This is played back by the playback head, and goes to line out.

I can not count the times when I heard superior audio that defied logic; logic in the high end ain't worth two cents.

http://edisontechcenter.org/MagRec.html

orpheus, don't waste your breath in debating. some folks are mainly spec driven and some can really hear.

all a person needs to do is listen to a live mic feed, then A-B to tape and A-B to digital. The digital always sounds like a copy. The tape always sounds so close to the mic feed, its tough to tell which is which. 

But recording to digital is much easier and lighter on the back than lugging around a bunch of analog gear.

as for tape suppliers and sources, splicit and tape tape dot com.
tape tape sells single pass reels, which are really good.

for another easy test, go to any audiophile meeting where they are playing hi rez digital files. people will be chatting away. 

step in with a high speed analog machine and play a tape. All side conversation stops instantly.

happy spinning